Mission: CASA’s mission is to train and supervise a diverse group of volunteers to advocate for children who have been abused and/or neglected. These children are at risk of being removed, or have been removed, from their homes. CASA’s goals is that all children have a safe, permanent home as soon as possible.
Vision: CASA’s vision is to match a CASA volunteer advocate with every child or youth who has been abused or neglected.
Values: The staff of CASA of Rochester/Monroe County are committed to creating a workplace where each person contributes positively and holds him/herself accountable. We respect each other’s talents, ideas, and experience and that we will be most successful in an environment of trust enthusiasm, passion and effective communication. We strive to create a workplace that fosters the following principles:
· Service-oriented- our primary customers are children who have been abused/neglected, their families and the Judges who appoint us
· Quality- Continuously pursue excellence in our advocacy for abused and neglected children.
· Adaptability- seek opportunities, embrace challenges and accept changes that will improve our work.
· Collaboration- among staff and volunteers locally and through National CASA, and local stakeholders/providers to effectively and creatively carry out our mission.
· Ethics- committed to being responsive, respectful, fair and humane. We address problems directly with each other, and express appreciation.
· Cultural Competency- respect and celebrate diversity, understanding that it affects all aspects of our work, and strive to be inclusive and welcoming.
· Professional Growth- seek professional development opportunities to enhance the organization.